Useful Lessons from Great Teachers
- Change your state by doing the opposite of what your body wants to do
- Know the first thing you'll do or say in a high pressure situation
- Create frameworks for different situations
- People buy based on emotion and justify with logic
- People don't buy into something. They are buying their way out of a problem.
- People don't buy products. They buy stories.
By: Dan Lok
- 80/20 rule – 80% of results come from 20% of effort
- Work expands to fill the time we allocate to it
- If something takes less than 2 minutes just do it now
By: Ali Abdaal
- If you take credit you must also take accountability
- Practice being the last to speak
- To lead others you must articulate a clear vision of a world that does not yet exist
By: Simon Sinek
- If you can't decide the answer is no
- If you have 2 relatively equal choices, take the path with more short term pain
- Make the choice that leaves you more equanimous
By: Naval Ravikant
- No matter what you will be ok
- Care more about your character than your reputation
- Have impeccable honesty and integrity
- 6 universals principles that guide human behavior are Reciprocity, Scarcity, Authority, Consistency, Liking, and Consensus
- Reciprocity – obligation to give back when you receive
- Scarcity – we want what we can not have
By: Robert Cialdini
- Sleep is a learned skill
- Continually experiment on ways to improve sleep
- Exhaust the body and your mind will follow
By: Scott Adams
- Reduce stress, improve focus, and enhance self awareness
- Close eyes, sit still, and focus on breathing
- Reality is not fixed. It is the manifestation of our thoughts that we can control
By: David Sutcliffe
- Study interviewers and borrow their questions.
- Don't lead with deep questions. Build up to them.
- Strive to be interested if you want to be interesting.
By: Tim Ferris